Want to know if your car qualifies to drive with Taxify?
In order to drive with Taxify, your car must satisfy the following minimum requirements, influenced by the City of Toronto rideshare requirements:
- Be no more than 7 model years old (2010 models will still be accepted until March 31, 2018)
- Have a minimum of 4 doors
- May NOT be rebuilt or salvaged
- Pass a vehicle inspection (learn more about the Safety Standard Certificate here)
- NOT be a commercially marked vehicle (limo, taxi, etc) OR a rental vehicle
- Be clean inside and out, with no visible body damage
- Have zero mechanical issues - functionality and safety are most important!
- Be equipped with all-weather or snow tires from December 1 to April 30
Meeting the requirements listed above will allow you to drive as a Taxify Private vehicle (our most popular category for Riders)
Other Taxify Ride Categories
With so many great ways for riders to get around the city, see if your vehicle qualifies for these other great ride options (coming soon!). In addition to the Taxify Private vehicle requirements listed above, below are additional requirements that your vehicle must meet in order to be classified as one of our other Ride Categories: XL, LUX, & WA.
XL (Coming Soon)
For Riders and all of their friends
A valid Taxify XL vehicle must:
- Be a sport utility vehicle (SUV) or minivan
- Accommodate 1-6 Riders (excluding the driver)
LUX (Coming Soon)
Luxury vehicle backed by world class service for a premium price
A valid Taxify LUX vehicle must:
- Be a luxury-branded vehicle
- Accommodate 1-4 Riders (excluding the driver)
- Have leather seats
WA (Coming Soon)
Wheelchair-accessible transportation service
A valid Taxify WA vehicle must:
- Be certified wheelchair accessible
- Have commercial insurance coverage
- Pass a vehicle inspection (more details to come)
For more information on becoming a Taxify WA Partner, please visit our office.
Still have questions? Check out our other articles: