To drive as a Taxify Partner in Toronto, we're looking for people who satisfy the following requirements:

  • You're at least 21 years of age
  • You have a valid Ontario “G” driver's license (or equivalent)
  • You'll be driving with a vehicle 7 model years old or newer (at the moment, 2010 vehicles are still eligible until early 2018)

City of Toronto ridesharing regulations require all rideshare drivers have separate PTC licenses for each rideshare platform. In order to apply for your Taxify PTC license, we require the following 5 documents:

  1. Full “G” Class Ontario Driver’s license: Out-of-province or Ontario G1/G2 class driver’s licenses will not be accepted.

2.  Proof of eligibility to work in Canada: Citizenship Card, Permanent Resident Card, Work Permit, Study Permit, Canadian Birth Certificate, SIN card*, etc.).

*NOTE: If your SIN begins with a 9, you will need to submit another proof of eligibility (such as work/study permit) as well.

3. Ontario Vehicle Registration: Vehicle cannot be salvaged or rebuilt (see image below), and must be 7 years or newer.

4. Vehicle Insurance: Private insurance. Must match the vehicle being registered, and must list partner's name (either on the pink slip or on the policy statement from the provider).

5. VALID Safety Standards Certificate: Must be submitted to us within 36 days from date of inspection. We've partnered with a few MTO authorized mechanics around the city to offer this service at a discount-- find out more here.

Ready to sign up?

You can sign up and upload the documents through the Taxify Driver app or from our website.

Download the App:

Desktop website: 

Still have questions? Check out our other articles:

Did this answer your question?